Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Ironman Mont Tremblant 2014

Well on September 4, 2013, Ben and I logged in to Active.com to sign up for Ironman Chattanooga, right at 12:00 when registration opened, and guess what... neither of us got in. This race is the inaugeral Ironman in Chattanooga Tennesse and we were really excited for it, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Luckily neither of us got in, the forums were all on fire about one friend/spouse getting in and the other one not.. That would have been brutal. So we quickly started thinking about other races. We didn't want to wait and try our luck with Florida or Arizona as those tended to sell out very quickly as well, and Ironman Lake Tahoe would be a pretty difficult race from what I'm hearing as it sits at a higher elevation than even Cochrane, and lots of climbing. We needed a later season race so that I can focus on studying, and not have the same struggle as this year when I was trying to do my heaviest studying and training blocks at the same time. I think they both probably suffered a little bit, however, I still managed somehow to pass the CFA and complete the Ironman. So we decided on Ironman Mont Tremblant. I have heard that this is an amazing race, and I have always wanted to head to Quebec since I went to french school in Junior High. Although it is 6 weeks earlier than Ironman Chattanooga, so I'll have to start training in April, at least my heaviest training will not be until June and July, after the exam.

So, on September 4th at 4 pm we signed up. Only to receive an email the next day from Ironman apologizing for the craziness of signing up for Ironman Chattanooga and offering preferred registration to Ironman Florida or Ironman Arizona. Oh well. By that point we had signed up, Ironman Mont Tremblant is our race for 2014, and we're excited!


The plan is that I'll start studying for my CFA level 2 in November (as i heard this is a whole new beast entirely and I want to have a dent in it so that I can take time off for Christmas, and our trip to Mexico for 2 weeks!), I'll start training for my Marathon in December, with 2 bikes a week, yoga once a week and 4 runs a week, then come April i'll start my Ironman training which as of right now will consist of rest mon, double workouts tues-thurs,recovery run fri, long bike sat, long run sun.

I have big goals for 2014, I think Ben and I are both Type A personalities as the next year is planned. We like to have something to work towards.

My 2014 Goals:
1) Pass CFA level 2
2) Calgary marathon Sub 4
3) Ironman Mont Tremblant Sub 14


PS an update on our poor dog Rudy. The infection cleared up, however, he was left alone for a couple hours on Saturday and Monday and he has managed to get his cone off no matter what we do. We even tied his cone to his collar, and then tied his collar to his harness, and he still managed to get everything off tearing his collar in half in the process. He needed another surgery to clean up the dead tissue, and get a clean incision to stitch up. He is now in Dog Daycare at a kennel for this week, and next week, the vet also put him on some mild sedation pills so that he will not go crazy to get his cone off. Here's to hoping in 2 weeks he's all healed up.

1 comment:

  1. Exciting about MT! I think it'll be a gorgeous race and great getaway location!

    ReplyDelete