Thursday, June 11, 2009

Adjusting back to my daily routine

So the initial shock of being home has started to wear off as I have settled back in to my daily routine. The first week I was home I only had one shift at work and Ben was only working half days so we had lots of time to catch up and hang out, which was really awesome. He had me in the gym the day after I got home trying to get back the muscle I had lost from the dysentery as well as the diet of rice and plantains. It was incredibly hard the first couple days but it didn`t take long to get back on track. Last week it was also my Dad`s birthday and we had a surprise party for him on Friday. On Saturday was my birthday, and Ben and I were planning on hitting up the mountains to camp and go scrambling but the nice weather didn`t hold up and we wound up with snow on Friday and Saturday. So instead we went to the dinosaur museum in Drumheller and enjoyed a birthday lunch out followed by dinner at my mom`s house. The weather started warming up on Sunday but by then I had been home for a week and it was back to the grind of work, training and trying to write my 3 essays about my trip (all of which are 16 pages). I say training because Ben and I signed up for an Olympic distance triathlon in Camrose at the end of the month (1.5 km swim, 43km bike and 10km run). It felt good to be exercising again and we finally got our road bikes at December and decided that they needed to see some action! So Ben wrote us up a training schedule that will hopefully get us to complete the triathlon in under 4 hours! So, anyways, this week has been incredibly busy with working full time, training after work for at least an hour and than trying to get some research in before I pass out! But I don`t mind, it keeps me out of trouble hey. But the weather has finally turned nice out and is supposed to stay for the weekend but unfortunately i`ll be cooped up inside trying to write one of the three papers for Monday. The adventures of Ben and Jen will have to wait until next weekend, once one paper is handed in. Hopefully this time the nice weather sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment