Monday, March 21, 2011

Engaged!

Well, last friday the champs got engaged! Ben had mentioned that he wanted to go camping this weekend a few weeks back, but unfortuneately the weather was not cooperating and it was supposed to be pouring rain. Plus there is still over 3 feet of snow on the ground, so it would have been almost impossible to find some wood for a fire. So, we didn't really have any plans going into the weekend other than training. Nevertheless, we had a great weekend. It was a gorgeous spring day on friday and since ben has friday's off and my work is very slow right now, Ben hung out with me at work in the afternoon and we sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine. We had some spaghetti and meatballs for dinner (mm one of our favorites) and some wine, went for a walk, and then I went to have a nice relaxing bubble bath when Ben came in and proposed! and obviously I said yes! So we are officially engaged! We spent the rest of the evening calling our family and having a few drinks before heading to bed.

Saturday morning came and we planned on training first thing, but instead we decided to head to Vernon and Kelowna to get some errands done. The ring was a little bit too big, so it had to be sized down and there was a jewler in Vernon that would do it that day. I also needed to get some new glasses and Ben needed some tools. So off we went. It was a pretty busy day and we didn't get home until 6, too late to go to the gym. So we had some nachos, watched a movie and relaxed.

Yesterday we woke up to rain, and wet snow. We had a 2 hour run and a 2 hour bike to do (making up for the day before) and we set out on the road. Within a half our I was not feeling so well. All week my stomach had been bothering me, and so I hadn't really eaten properly. Plus I had a tea before the run, which I haven't done in a while and I dont think my stomach can handle it. Lesson learned. So I stopped and walked home and ben continued on. I decided to try and take a short cut because it looked like there was a trail through the trees. Well that was a bad idea because every second step I was sinking past my hips in snow. It was horrible. I was freezing, and I almost lost my shoe. I finally made it home, stripped out of my soaking wet clothes and stuck my feet in the bath to try and defrost them. Ben came home shortly after, and we set off to the gym for the 2 hour bike. Ben did awesome, me on the other hand, not so great. I just had no energy and was not feeling great, plus I was in a horrible mood after that trek through the trees, so I left and went back to pick him up later. The sun finally came out that afternoon, and after doing some cleaning up around the house we went for a huge walk outside enjoying the sunshine (and admiring how the sun sparkled off my ring!). When we got home home we had an afternoon nap and just relaxed. We love lazy sundays after training. So, although we did not end up camping, we still had a great weekend together. I learned that the only things I can eat before running are stone wheat cracker, water/gatorade, half a bannana, or a fruit to go. And I am still getting used to the whole ring wearing thing and having a finacee (it just sounds so weird saying it)! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment