Friday, June 7, 2013

Before 30

As those who know me know I am a goal orientated person. I thrive on setting goals and chasing after them. Well I just realized that in turning 26, I am only 4 years away from 30. Wow 30, that seems so old. When I was a kid I always envisioned this glamourous life I would be living in my 30s. In fact, one of those included living in New York as a marketing exec... but I'm pretty sure that influenced was after watching how to loose a guy in ten days and Sex and the City. I then visited New York and realized that I don't really have any desire to live there. My life right now is so much better then I could ever have imagined. It is so full with love and happiness. I have an amazing husband, an adorable dog, the opportunity to own a home, and the resources to do a lot of pretty great stuff. So then I started to think about what exactly I want to accomplish in the next 4 years, before I'm 30, and here is what I came up with:

1) Become a CFA Charterholder
2) Climb mount kilamenjaro -- perhaps a good trip for my 30th birthday...? what do you think ben? maybe? please!?
3) Run a sub 4 hour marathon ... qualify for boston??... perhaps if I actually trained properly for a marathon
4) Do a sub 14 hour Ironman... sub 13? .. a new bike for this hopefully!
5) Travel somewhere at least once a year
6) Do Yoga. More.
7) Keep injury free
8) Become debt free (except for our mortgage)
9) Continue to progress in my career
10) Be Happy

Then of course there are the things that I want to do every day for the rest of my life, like never take my husband for granted and let him know how much I appreciate him every day. Anyways, we will just have to see what adventures life takes us on in the next 4 years. 4 years ago we never thought that we would be where we are today, in fact we were still living in our no bedroom bachelor apartment off of 17th ave just barely getting by, at times both of us were in school and we survived off of macaroni and cheese topped with egg and tomato.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Boston is one of my future goals; I still have a long way to go though!! haha :) Love your list!

    ReplyDelete