Thursday, September 26, 2013

Cabin Time

"Family is not an important thing. It's everything."
--Michael J. Fox

My family has been had quite a lot on our plate lately. With a breakup, a long distance relationship, new baby, smashed car, and an insane dog, needless to say we all needed to relax.

This past weekend Ben and I headed up to my mom's cabin which is only an hour or so from our house. We headed up on Friday after work, and met my mom there around 8 pm. We had a late dinner of Tim's Pizza (seriously you have to try this pizza), and then sat around the fire until way past our bed time, drinking way to much wine.

Saturday we woke up to sunny skies and beautiful weather. We had a relaxing day around the cabin and walked down to the river. We found a four leaf clover hoping that meant our luck was changing. Around 5pm when my little brother was due to arrive, my other brother and his girlfriend and my newborn niece and nephew surprised us! We had dinner, and then once again moved up to sit around the fire, chatting, until way too late.



Sunday Ben and I decided to spend the whole day at the cabin since it is only around an hour to get home. My sister also drove up for the day since she had to work on Saturday night. The weather was beautiful and we lounged around by the river and on the lawn, reading, napping, and chatting. We had a delicious pot roast dinner (a real treat since I have made a handful of roasts in my life) before heading home. Rudy had a great time exploring outside cabin, his energy is finally returning and he is getting pretty fed up with his darn cone. Oh well, 5 more days until his stitches come out!


Overall, it was a great weekend, a little spur of the moment but exactly what we all needed. I am so blessed to have the family that I have. We're hopefully planning another weekend in October so that we all can go, all 13 of us! including my step brother, step sister and step dad. There is something about the cabin that is just so relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment