Wednesday, September 17, 2014

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times... You only have to remember to turn on the light."

Once again this blog post starts off mentioning how I've been MIA. Unfortunately I haven't had much inspiration to write lately. The last little while has been incredibly difficult for the champs and a lot of people close to us. We have certainly been tested but we continue to carry on, stronger then ever. Despite the difficulties this past last year we have also had some amazing times, and that is what this post is about. I have chosen to look back and celebrate those wonderful times, instead of focusing on the dark and difficult times. This post could easily have been a poor me rant about life, but no one wants to read that! So, without further adieu, and in no particular order:

The top 10 high points of the last year!

1) Puerto Vallarta: We started the year with a trip back to Dreams Puerto Vallarta with my mom and step dad. This was our favorite resort, and it was going to be demolished so we went for one last hurrah! We had a great time with my mom and step dad. There was plenty of lounging, exploring and overindulging. Even being on crutches didn't slow us down!



2) Emerald Lake Lodge For Ben's big 35th birthday, I surprised him with a trip to Emerald Lakd Lodge in the mountains. It was -40 degrees, creating the perfect winter wonderland. It was a perfect weekend away from cell phones and tv, celebrating together.


3) Las Vegas As a way to celebrate my birthday, and writing the CFA level 2 exam, Ben and I decided to take a last minute trip to vegas. It was hot, we shopped, gambled, lounged by the pool, and even saw 3 doors down in concert (much to my delight). I was a little apprehensive that we wouldn't like vegas, but turns out WE LOVED IT!


4) Passing CFA level 2..... July 29th I found out I passed! What a relief!

5) Ironman Mt Tremblant In August we ventured to Mont Tremblant for Ben to to the Ironman. He did A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! and I am so proud of him. We ventured to Montreal for the day, and spent the day in Ottawa. Both places I've never been, and they were beautiful! The icing on the cake for this trip was getting to hang out with my mom and sister who flew across the country to cheer Ben on and hang out with me! Aren't they awesome!?!


6) Ontario Not 2 weeks later we were back on the plane headed east, again! It was a great, sleepless weekend seeing our Ontario Families, whom we sadly don't get to see nearly enough. It was a whirlwind trip, with a fantastic wedding, beach time, and family time.


7) 3rd anniversary We celebrated our 7th year together and our 3rd wedding anniversary!

8) Summer! Summer is so short in Calgary, and we seemed to pack in as much awesomeness as we could. We went camping with family to pigeon lake and kokanousa, partied at the stampede, celebrated my best friend's wedding. It seems like we really enjoyed summer to the fullest; we were only home a handful of weekends this summer and even when we were home they were packed enjoying the sunshine!


9) Back Yard We finally planted some trees and put a firepit in our backyard. It's so beautiful, I love it! I can't wait to watch those trees grow as we grow older.

10) Hope ... that I will be able to do a race next year! I've found a great doctor, hopefully he can put humpty dumpty back together!




Lastly, I just wanted to end on some things that I am grateful for. I've been so caught up lately on the bad things that I lost sight for a little while of how blessed I am.

I am incredibly grateful for my husband, and my family. They are my rock and my strength.
I am grateful for mine and my husband's jobs, even though it's not always easy and is often thankless, we are lucky to have the jobs we do.
I am grateful for my beautiful home, in my wonderful community, in my amazing town of Cochrane.
I am grateful for the ability to travel every year.
I am grateful that I get to watch the sun set behind the rockies every evening on my drive home from work.
I am grateful for my health, and my loved ones health.

No comments:

Post a Comment