Monday, July 15, 2013

Waiting Game

Wow, July 15, where has the time gone! The last few weeks since we've been home have been filled with stampede events, a baby shower for my soon to be niece, errands, planted out first tree in our back yard, a wedding, and even a broadway musical thrown in there with my sister and sister in law. Busy, and yet I feel as though I'm just sitting around waiting.

Our bodies have been slowly recovering from Ironman. It has been a little bit of a frustrating process. We started back at hot yoga last week, then tried to run a measly 10 k the next day to no success. I think I ran about 2 k and Ben made it 4 or 5 and we both wound up walking home. I'm suffering from runners knee and the plantar fasciitis from the Calgary Marathon. So heating pad, ice packs, and advil have become a staple in my daily routine. I know that there is no point in rushing the process back to working out, but it is hard to hold ourselves back. You get home from Ironman so exhilarated, excited about the sport, looking for your next race, wanting to jump back in to training to improve your time only for your body to hold you back. So we're doing more yoga, taking more rest days a week, and taking Rudy on alot of walks.

Then I've been waiting for the results of my exam, the results are next Tuesday. It has been so painful to wait this long. The anxiety I feel towards next Tuesday increases every day. It will dictate how I spend the rest of the year. As of next Tuesday I will either be completely elated and relieved, and I don't have to start studying again in January for level 2, or I will be surprised, depressed, and I'll have to crack open my books and start studying again for the december re-write. I have found the past few weeks I have turned very superstitious. Thinking things like "If I make this green light then I will pass my exam," and "if the stamps win tonight I will pass my exam." So far, all the signs are pointing to that I should pass my exam, but we will see next week. However, I have not put my books away yet, they are sitting on my desk just in case I have to get back to the grind, but it would feel so good to burn put them away next week if I pass.



No comments:

Post a Comment