Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Goodsoil Vacation

Where were we this weekend? Goodsoil Saskatchewan! A place that we tend to migrate to every couple of years. It is on a beautiful lake, and this trip we were surrounded by lots of sunshine, laughs, and love. So many memories up there, and this trip was nothing other than wonderful. It was fun to think that I started to go when I was my nephews age and it was the one time a year that we really got to hang out with out extended family, aunts, uncles, even my great grandpa. Which I realized is exactly what it is like for my nephew now. His great grandparents were up there, it was so precious to see my grandpa right in the sand with my nephew loading up a dump truck with sand.

It's been a couple of years since I've been up there, infact last time I went without Ben since he had to work. I was in the middle of training for Ironman so I had to haul up all of my stuff. It was really nice to trek up there this year and not have to worry about squeezing training in, or feel guilty about missing a workout. Ben and I had the opportunity to totally relax. Absolutely nothing was on our mind. Ben bought a fishing rod before he left, and turns out he absolutely loved it, so he was out with my step dad nearly every day while I filled my days reading, napping, and visiting on the beach. It was a great time.

Now it's August, and I have no idea where the time has gone. We don't really have any major adventures for the rest of the summer. We have a backpacking trip planned with my brother and his girlfriend in a couple of weeks, and we're debating a couple of camping trips with some hikes thrown in there. Nothing too major though. I haven't been able to really run or bike lately as I have developed jumpers knee from overuse so I'm taking a time out and hoping that it heals up as I have big plans for next year! Come January after our trip to mexicp we start in fulls swing as I have the calgary marathon, an Ironman in the fall, and my CFA level 2 exam on my plate in 2014. So in the meantime I plan on relaxing!

1 comment:

  1. I miss get togethers with my family. Now that I have kids, it's kind of sad, because they don't have any cousins yet to make any memories like that!! Love reading your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete