Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wild Rose Review

Ok, it has taken me along time to write this. At the time I didn't think I felt THAT much different by the end of the detox. A little less bloated, sure. However, I must admit the biggest changes have been permanent changes to our diet, and self awareness to our eating patterns. We now concentrate our diets on whole and unprocessed foods. I mean I think we ate healthy before the detox but we have made some permanent changes and I feel a lot better.

We no longer eat dairy, ever. Well, unless I really want some pizza, but then I pay the price. If I eat diary now, I get very sick. I've known forever that I have an intolerance to dairy, but this just illustrated how much it effects me. We used to snack on cheese, and have cream in our coffee. Which we have cut out. No wonder I used to feel bloated and sick all the time.

We have also reduced our sugar consumption. I now enjoy my coffee with just some almond milk, or black. I'm not sure if I have an allergy to sugar, or if it is just how everyone feels after eating suger, but I now find if I have some sugar I crave more and more of it, my eczema gets worse and I end up with a stomach ache, and sometimes a head ache. However, sometimes those fuzzy peaches are calling my name... and then when I inevitably feel sick I know it was all my fault.

We've significantly reduced the amount of wheat that we eat. As an athlete you always hear "eat your carbs." So we would eat bread, pasta, and crackers like nobody's business. This habit is gone. We don't even purchase wheat products at the grocery store any more. Granted when we're camping we'll eat a hot dog in a bun, and sometimes we'll have a hamburger in a thin bun, but other than that we stick to rice, quinoa, and sweet potatoes. We sometimes eat regular potatoes too, but I find those make me sick as well.

Lunches have changed. Gone are granola bars and sandwiches. They've been replaced with natural peanut butter on rice cakes, fruit, veggies and salad.

Snacks of cheese and crackers, have been replaced with kale chips, nuts, and popcorn.

Dinner of spaghetti has been replaced with lean meats, grilled veggies, and rice/sweet potato, which is especially easy int he summer months with our BBQ, we'll see if that changes in the winter.

We've basically removed all processed food from our diet, and it feels so good!

Thank you wild rose!

Now to get my knee back in order so that I can start training again!

No comments:

Post a Comment