Monday, June 28, 2010

The End of a Chapter

Well I can hardly believe it, in 3 days we're moving to Revelstoke. We have been talking and dreaming about this for nearly 3 years. Every time we drove home from one of our adventures in the mountains we'd say "one day we won't have to leave." It's amazing and we're so excited, and at the same time it is the end of a chapter of our lives. It has been 3 years since Ben and I met at COP and alot has happened in those three years here in Calgary. I've finished my universtiy, Ben started his plumbing apprenticeship, my parents split up, Aj and Jenny had beautiful baby Jack, and we've made a home in our little, no bedroom, bachelor apartment. I have no idea what we're going to do with all the space in our new place, we joke that we'll always be in the same room. But, on to the next chapter and living the dream in Revelstoke. When we visited there a few weeks ago looking for a place to live, any apprehension that I had about moving went away. It's where we're meant to be, and we're finally going to be there on thursday. Although we're excited it has been stressful too. Ben was in school until last week, I still have 2 finals to write before we go, my foot and inability to carry anything cause i'm on crutches, packing, and the crazy realtor that is trying to sell the place has made the last couple of weeks stressful. But we're on the homestretch now, only 3 days and we'll be on our way!

The foot is still really sore, which is my own fault because every time it starts feeling better I decide to try and walk on it. And while I can put weight on it within an hour my foot swells and I'm back on T3s. Yesterday was a particularly bad day. Ben went out to canmore and climbed ha-ling peak and Lady Macdonald, and I was very upset i couldn't go. So being upset and stubborn I decided to walk from the bathroom to my bed. Big mistake, I could do it with a limp but within a couple of hours my foot was hurting almost more than when it first happened.. which seemed to put me in a worse mood. Poor ben got home from a beautiful day of hiking to a hysterical jennifer. But he did a good job of cheering me up. We went out and got my hair cut, spent some time oustide and went to dad's for some dinner which was awesome. Dad made homemade burgers which I must say are the best. After dinner I packed up all my treasure from my room. Ben thought it was pretty cool seeing a glimpse of me as a kid through old pictures and keepsakes. I, however, was mortified when he found my medal from the science olympics.

Anyways, I should stop procrastinating and get on studying for my two finals this week. I'll keep posted on what the Doc says on wednesday about my foot. And Congratulations to Sammy who is graduating high school today.

No comments:

Post a Comment