Friday, April 29, 2011

Fate: Be destined to happen, turn out, or act in a particular way

Do you believe in fate? I do. And we had a taste of it this week.

In the last couple of days Ben and I have been frantically trying to make a decision on the wedding venue and it was just not working. The backyard wasn't going to work, but it was the only option on the long weekend in September. We wanted a place outside, but with the option of indoors incase the weather doesn't cooperate, an intimate venue since it will be a very small wedding compared to most, the september long weekend, and a place with views of the mountains. We thought maybe we were just being picky and we were ready to compromise. Then the other day I hunkered down and went crazy on the internet going through all our options again. There was this gorgeous place in Fernie that we hadn't really even considered because of the cost. But, I figured that was no harm in calling. So I did. Turns out they JUST had a party cancel for the September long weekend last week. And guess what! she is giving us a MEGA deal and so it now fits in our budget! It is a gorgeous place with amazing views of the mountains. It's everything we wanted, and we are SO excited. The lady that runs the lodge, Robyn, is so so nice and she seems just as excited as we are. So that's it. We paid our deposit, and we didn't have to compromise anything, we managed to get it all! So now we can move on and get started on all the other details of planning the wedding! Such as getting invitations out since it's only 4 months away too!

Oh and I stopped by the thrift shop in revelstoke here, and guess what! I got 40 mason jars for 9 dollars! I was planning on having mason jars with candles in them for the tables! I mean how simple and beautiful is this:



So that is the newest progress on the wedding planning thing. In other news, I am still batteling this terrible cold. I seem to have the worst cough ever. Cough medicine, double my asthma inhaler twice a day, and cough drops don't seem to be helping. Like most coughs it gets worse at night time, and so I have not been getting much sleep lately. Ugh. Hopefully it gets better soon because I am starting to get ansy to train! Ben on the other hand has definitely gotten back into training and has been up early nearly every day this week.

This weekend we're excited to have some time together at home. Then next weekend we're headed to Calgary! woot! Have a great weekend!

--Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment