Friday, April 15, 2011

I can't wait to cross that line

I found this video the other day and it gave me some motivation. Normally when you watch ironman videos you always see the pros. The people that are shredded, train for hours every day, and win these races. This video, however, shows everyone else that does the race. People of all shapes and sizes. People that you would never think could possibly compelte an ironman. Although this video is long, the 2 minutes is amazing, with people crossing the finish line. The emotion is incredible. Then they show the very last finisher of the race last year coming in at 17:58:56 with just 4 seconds to spare until the 17hour cutoff, and what amazed me is that the crowed was cheering just as loud for the first as the last athlete. Wow. I can't wait to cross that line.

3 comments:

  1. That was beautiful.... and I know you have heard of Dick and Rick Hoyt? They have run something like 12 Ironmans? And Dick pushes his disabled son in a wheelchair while running, pulls him in a cart while biking AND pulls him in a raft while swimming!!! It is UNREAL. And will inspire you as well... SO PROUD OF YOU TWO!! Please let us know when and where you will be competing and we will do our utmost best effort to be there cheering you both on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Aunt lisa! yeah I have heard of them! I could not imagine pulling/pushing a grown man behind you as you do the ironman, that would be crazy! The race is August 28th in Penticton, it's pretty amazing to see and it would be awesome if you guys could come but we understand that is it is pretty far as well. Hope you guys had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I just watched this video clip now - not sure how I missed it a few weeks ago! Made me very teary eyed - I can't wait for YOU and BEN to cross that line!!! So proud of you 2!!Love MOM

    ReplyDelete