Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pride.

Well, I am very impressed with Ben and I! The pool isn't open to the public until 6:30ish, and it has been a struggle since that's an hour after Ben gets off work and an hour and a half after I get off work. We are tired and hungry when we get home from work. So the delimena is whether to eat and wait until 8 to swim, or not to eat and wait until 7:30 or 8 to eat.

Well yesterday, Ben got off a bit early from work for the hockey game so he was able to pick me up from work. We were both starving so we decided to head to Subway and grab some dinner (since our fridge is pretty bare as we are moving on saturday). We split a foot long tuna sub.. toasted.. with cheese.. lots of veggies.. and hot sauce.. mmmm, and headed home. We watched the hockey game, and by 7 I was not feeling the swim. I was tired and freeezing, so I hoped in a nice hot shower and put my jammies on. Around 7:30 after much debating Ben decided that he wasn't going to the pool either and he showered and got his jammies on too. Then at 7:50, after an internal debate I said "Ben, lets get our lazy butts to the pool." So without thinking too much about it we grabbed our swimming gear, drove to the pool, and got a 30 minute swim in. We TOTALLY were not going to do it. We were all ready for bed, but in the end we went! I was so proud of us! These small victories will definitely help come race day! We were pretty stoked.

Then, when we got home the TV was still on (since we left for the pool in a whirlwind) and I could no believe my eyes!
via

Cars were on fire in Vancouver. The riot police was out in full force. Tear gas was being deployed. Businesses were getting looted. It was absalute chaos, completely unnecessary and ridiculous. I hope the instigators are arrested. This was a city that represented Canada to the world last year and last night they were a total disgrace. I can only imagine the hefty bill that will come with cleaning and repairing all the damage. Can you imagine if Canada had lost in the hockey finals of the Olympics last year in Vancouver and something like this happened? The disgrace? Thankfully, this was not the Olympic Finals, but the world was still watching and the few who caused the destruction have brought shame to a great game and an amazing country. Common, have a little pride in to your team and your city.

No comments:

Post a Comment