Friday, June 17, 2011

This is it, Goodbye Revelstoke

Well, this is it. The last night in Revelstoke. I have no idea where the last 5 weeks have gone. They have just flown by. It really hit me that we were actually leaving when I came home last night. The place is in shambles, we have little food left in the fridge, and the stress level started creeping up. We were supposed to go to the gym, but I stayed behind and got some more stuff in boxes. By 6:30 my stomach was in knots, and I realized I needed to go for a run to get rid of some of these nerves. So I went for a hard 30 minutes. I came home soaking wet and out of breath, but feeling much better. Then we headed out for a date. There is one restaurant in revelstoke that we have never tried becasue it is pretty pricy. The other day I noticed a promotion they had going on which was "two can dine for 59." It included a 3 course meal, and a half liter of wine. I thought it was a pretty good deal and a great way to celebrate our last couple nights in revelstoke so we went! Salad, steak, and desert! It was a great evening, a good way to catch up before the craziness began. We were there for a couple hours and really enjoyed our night out. We cheered our year in revelstoke, Ben's last day of construction, and new beginings.

Today I'm am trying to tie up any loose ends at my work. My boss is in Boston, so I will not be seeing him before I leave so I want to make sure he isn't left high and dry with anything. We just got back from picking up the Uhaul, and Ben will be packing that up this afternoon. We plan on having everything packed tonight, sleep on our blow up matress, and then hit the road after a run tomorrow morning! Ben doesn't start his new job until the 23rd, so we'll have a few days to get settled and get ben some work clothes!

Take care!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment