Monday, June 20, 2011

Our Adventurous Saturday...

Well, it has been pretty crazy around here the past couple of days, moving and getting all settled into our new place. We had a very crazy day on Saterday:

We started the morning in Revelstoke and ended it in our new place in Calgary. Saturday morning it was pouring rain, we didn't sleep well, and we were pretty grumpy. We went out for a big breakfast to hold us over for a while and then we set off with a Uhaul packed to the brim with the contents of our apartment. It was a baby Uhaul, but we managed to get everything in.


We said goodbye to our home for the last year, and drove away from the house. Only to go a couple of feet because we forgot to close the back of the Uhaul and some of the boxes went flying out. Whoops! Thankfully nothing broke!

We stopped in Canmore for a bite to eat, and we got to Calgary around 3. With the help of my brother and his girlfriend we had the car and Uhaul unpacked within an hour! It was speed moving! My older brother and my newphew aldo stopped by for a bit and helped unpack a bit, well jack "helped.". And by the way we LOVE our new place! It is fantastic! We are finally not in a basement. Everything is clean and new. We are so Happy. But I'll tell you more about that later.

We took my brother and his girlfriend out for dinner as a thank you for helping us, and met up with my dad. After dinner Ben and I hit up Superstore quick to get some necessities while Sam and his girlfriend went home to change since we decided to head out that night! We reconvened back at our house and had a couple of drinks.
Then we hit the road to head to the Blues Can to meet back up with my dad again who had scoped out the place with the best music. However, once again we didn't make it very far. We were driving along, it was pouring rain, and the next thing I know what I thought was a puddle was in fact a MASSIVE pot hole. Seriously MASSIVE. I didn't have time to get around it, and BAM.. we hit it square on. A couple minutes later the car was driving really funny, so we pulled over. We had a flat. So Sammy and Ben were out there in the pouring rain changing our tire. Don't they look happy.
It totally reminded me of a christmas story. Angie and I found it pretty amusing. They had it changed pretty quick, and we eventually made it to the Blues Can. Where we enjoyed great music, great company, and had a great time. Ben and I have missed the live blues music. We love going out and dancing.

It was a busy, but great day. We are so happy to be back in Calgary.

No comments:

Post a Comment