Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Blurr

We spent our last weekend before we moved, in Revelstoke. We had three whole days off together (something we treasure.. the more time together the better!), and I honestly cannot recall what exactly we did each day. They days all seemed to flow into eachother. Friday morning, Ben and I went running. Although not together. We have tried to run together and it is just too hard. We are just completely different abilities. Ben runs a 3-3.5 hour marathon... where as I'm part of the 4 hour group. So we end up at a pace that is too fast for me and too slow for Ben and I just end up getting frustrated. I had a great hour run though, and it was a great start to the day. The rest of the day was spent packing, hanging out, and we walked into town and visited a friend who works at a coffee shop; all while trying to avoid my boss because I was supposed to be in Calgary hence the day off. That night we ordered indian food as a treat and watched the hockey game.

Saturday morning, we got up, squeeeezed into our wetsuits and swam in williamson lake. The water was a little chilly to begin with but we managed an hour open water swim. I was pretty impressed since that is the longest open water swim we have ever done. It was funny though because there is a campground right on the lake and everyone was watching us go baaack and forrth, they must have thought we were crazy! It's a fairly small lake so we managed to get in 4 to the end and back in an hour. The rest of saturday was spent packing, lounging, ect. Actually we watched a canadian movie called "Saint Ralph" about a 14 year old boy back in the 50s who decides that he is going to win the boston marathon, We found it pretty entertaining. We got our grocery shopping in, a walk, and had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner mmm! (Whenever we have spaghetti and meatballs now it reminds me of the night we got engaged!) Then we headed to the hot tub at the pool to streth out our muscles, and wound up playing a pretty intense game of pool basketball... which, ahem, I won 14-5 although Ben will dispute this. It totally felt like a Sunday since we already had 2 days off together, but it wasn't!

Sunday morning, Ben got up early and headed out on his bike. I got up at a more decent hour for the weekend (7 am) and relaxed letting breakfast settle. I finally hit the road at 9 am and headed down hwy 23 S, aiming to make it to the ferry and back (100km). Now this highway is CRAZY! It is just massive hills and sometimes you don't even realize you're going up a hill except that you're only peddaling at 5 kms/hr and can't figure out why until you're on your way home and you're flying! The sky started clouding over, and I started getting cold. So once I made it to the highest point on the highway at the mountain lake I turned back and my 3.5 hour ride turned into a just over 2. But that was enough. I was pumped, and grumpy because I didn't make it to the ferry. I think I pushed my luck so soon after the half ironman. I proceeded to spend the next 3 hours on the couch, in a state of semi-consciousness; sleeping, watching tv, staring at the wall. Then it was time to make dinner! We had a delicious stir fry, packed a little more, I FINALLY watched tangled (which is awesome), and then it was bed time! And that was the end of our last weekend in Revelstoke.

I have a feeling this week is going to be pretty busy. Although we have packed alot, there is ALOT of stuff we can't pack yet because we are using it. So we will be in a packing and cleaning frenzie, along with training, before heading out on Saturday morning. We have rented a U Haul since we have more stuff then we came out with, which we're picking up and packing on Friday. That alone will be an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment