Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wishing Wednesdays

Well since my wishes have been coming true lately I thought i'd keep this going. So this week i wish:

1) To finish the half ironman this weekend, yep I'm just focusing on finishing the darn thing since I have been riddeled with sickness the last month. Just going to be a good experience and a good training day for the big event in august.


2) That my googles don't leak/fog on the swim. I just bought some decent ones because my dollar store speedo ones were already fogging in the swimming pool. And that I dont get kicked in the head during the swim, as it feels like a washing machine! Probably my least favorite part of the race.


3) That my bike doens't break during the bike, such as a flat tire or broken chain. I am not mechanically inclined and it would be the end of the race for me. I'd look like this guy:


4) That I don't get injured and my lungs hold up.


5)That I get a niiiice huuuuge beer after to celebrate being done and my birthday which is on monday!


As you can see all my wishes are regarding this race on the weekend. I may be just a little bit nervous, but I'm also excited at the same time. That's just part of why I love racing! But I cannot wait to get across that line on Sunday! Ben and my Dad will be there cheering me on!

2 comments:

  1. Ah! That sounds like so much fun - you're going to do so fine :D Can't wait to hear about the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sarah! -- argh my google account isn't working but this is Jen

    ReplyDelete