Thursday, June 9, 2011

Recovery week

This week I have been totally taking it easy. Although my muscles are no longer sore, they feel fatigued, as though there is no energy left in them. So I don't want to push it and get burnt out.

Monday was my birthday! My dad had stayed sunday night before heading back to calgary, so we went out for a birthday breakfast and we had some yummy eggs benedicts! We packed up his truck with a load of stuff, and he hit the road by 10 am. I had the day off, I was super tired and sore so I laid on the couch pretty much all day. I napped and watched half a movie until the power went out.... for over 3 hours! It was super hot outside, and after being in the sun all day on sunday during the race i did not feel like going outside and enjoying it. So what did I do for those powerless 3 hours? I have absalutly no idea! At one point I unpacked the car which took maybe 20 minites. Other than that, I just laid exhausted on the couch. By the time I picked ben up from work at 5:30 the power had JUST come on. I picked ben up from work and we had tacos for dinner with strawberry rhubarb pie topped with cool whip for desert mmm! Followed by a nice walk outside to start moving my legs. All in all it was a great birthday despite being so exhausted and sore.

By tuesday I was feeling much better, so after work I went to the gym for a super light bike for 30 minutes and then a good stretch. Yesterday, I went for an easy 750m swim, and today I am taking off before I gear up to get back to training this weekend.

My Boss is heading to boston this weekend and isn't going to be back until the sunday after Ben and I leave, so he took me and my coworker out for lunch yesterday which was super awesome. I am so excited for his trip (perhaps even more excited then he is) since I LOVE Boston! I think it is my favorite city. I have been rhyming off all the different places that they have to visit. Ben and I would love to go back there someday. Perhaps when I qualify for Boston? ha! That will take some serious speed training since running is not my strong suit.

I have tomorow off and we were going to go to calgary this weekend because of a career fair, but it turns out the career fair was on wed/thurs so I missed it (I thought it was thurs/fri). We were also going to borrow my dad's truck but we decided to rent a U-haul instead. So we are not going to Calgary anymore and we are just going to enjoy our last weekend in Revelstoke. It will mostly involve training, relaxing, and packing. I can't believe it only 9 more sleeps!

We also FINALLY got our wedding invitations out despite the postal strike, which is awesome. For the most part everyone should have recieved them so that takes a stress off. I can't blieve that it's already less than 3 months away! I haven't really been in wedding planning mode lately with everything else going on, but I guess I'll be getting back into it soon. I think the next 3 months are going to fly by!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen and Ben,
    I love your posts! So much excitement and adventure in your life!

    Check out www.theknot.com. They've got this handy checklist that helps a LOT with wedding planning!

    Good luck on the move!

    Jen K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen,
    Thanks for reading!
    yeah i've checked out the knot, also but I use projectwedding.com alot more, that's where I made my wedding website!
    Hope your wedding planning is coming along nicely!
    Jen -- stupid google account is not keeping me signed in!

    ReplyDelete