Sunday, May 1, 2011

Friday Date.... at the hospital.

As I briefly talked about, I have had this terrible cough for the last 2 weeks, and it was only getting worse. Poor Ben, he was getting a headache from the insistent coughing. I tried cough medicine, doubling my inhaler, and cough drops and nothing was giving me a minutes relief. So, finally friday evening Ben said I had to get checked out. Instead, I decided to phone health link BC. If you don't know what health link is, well you should because it's pretty great and paid for with our tax dollars. Basically you get to talk to a registered nurse about health related questions. So, I called to find out if it's normal to have a cough for this long. She went through some questions, such as do you have asthma... yes; are you coughing up green stuff.. yes; for how long... 2 weeks; are you having trouble breathing... yes, walking around the block. Aparently that was enough for her to urged me to go to the hospital. So off we went. Good thing too, because it turns out I had a bacterial lung infection, and had to get on some antibiotics. It wasn't anything life threatening at the time, but since we live in a very small town the clinic is only open monday through friday so I would have had to wait until monday at which point it would have been much worse. Instead, I got on antibiotics on firday night, and by yesterday evening the cough was a million times better. Ben is no longer ready to kill me at night because I can't stop coughing, and I finally got a good night's sleep.

Ben has been training all weekend, he got in a couple hour run yesterday, and a couple hour bike and a short run today. He's gotten back in the groove after he was sick so much. I attemped a bike this morning, but training while still having a bit of a lung infection isn't the best idea and I only made it about 10 minutes. Oh well , I'll try again tomorrow.

This weekend, however, has been beautiful. A glimpse of summer! 24 degrees and sunny! the leaves are just starting to sprout, and flowers are blooming. It's beautiful. We went for a long walk to enjoy the the sunshine this afternoon, and sat by the river. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment