Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oliver Race Weekend

So this weekend is going to be another BIG weekend. We're headed down to osoyoos because I have the Oliver Half Ironman! it's half the ironman distance so: 2km swim, 93 km bike, 21km run. I've been pretty nervous for it since I was so sick for the last 5 weeks and have not been really training, but it will just be a good and fun training day for Ironman Canada in 3 months. Last year I had trained to do this race in under 6 hours before my foot, this year I am not thinking about time. Infact I dont even plan on wearing my watch, that way I will not feel like I'm behind or be thinking about my pace. I am just going to listen to my body throught the day and do the best i can.

We have had beautiful weather here in Revelstoke, and I got out for a short 30 minute run this morning in the sunshine and I felt great! What a good way to start your day! This week I'm just taking it easy, as I dont want to burn myself out. I'll do a short bike tomorrow, another short run thursday, and a short swim friday before we head out of town. Just relax on the boat saturday, race sunday, and then it's my bithday monday! And the best part is my dad is coming down with his boat too!


PS I am so glad I stopped the CFA course, the exam would be this Saturday! AHH! it would have been just another stress ontop or moving, wedding, and training.

No comments:

Post a Comment