Monday, May 9, 2011

Said "Yes" To The Dress

This weekend was a very busy, but very sucessful trip to Calgary. We didn't get to my mom's house until after 7pm but we were greeted with a delicious roast beef dinner (a treat since I have yet to learn how to cook meat in the oven.. such as chicken, roast beef, ham.. ect) Then my Mom and I talked excitedly about wedding planning until way past our bedtime.

Saturday we left the house early for a day full of errands. First we headed to the forzanis mother's day sale where we all got some awesome deals. Then Ben went to meet up with my brother and my nephew at the zoo. We laughed because they probably looked like a gay couple at the zoo together with Jack. While Ben was preoccupied, I went dress shopping with my mom and Beccy. We hit up one store, and found the perfect dress within an hour! It's a simple, A-Line, no train, dress in white with a little bit of bling and the best part... it was under $500! So, I bought it! I was debating buying a dress online from lightinthebox.com, but since this one wasn't that much more expensive and I know that I like it we figured it was less risky. So, now it is hanging in my mom's house hidden from Ben. I dont have any pictures, since my mom doesn't trust that I won't show ben, so you'll just have to wait like Ben to see it. After the excitement we went out for lunch, then hit up the mall and I bought my shoes and a garter, so I'm done! My wedding day atire is bought and its all perfect and was quite a bargain. Now we just have to find Ben a suit.

We also decided on the invitations which we'll order this week, booked a photographer, and got mini mason jars that we're using for our favors. So all in all it was a sucessful trip for wedding planning.

Saterday night we had yummy burgers at my dad's house to celebrate my little brothers birthday, then Ben and I passed out at around 10. I guess we're not used to all the excitement of the city. On Sunday for mothers day we went for brunch with my mom and my grandma then drove home to a sunny Revelstoke.

This morning we woke up to a gorgeous day here, and I have the afternoon off today, so I plan on getting outside for a short run, then a bike with Ben after he gets off from work. Hope you have a great week! It's supposed to be nice all week, so we're hoping to get lots of training in... only 15 weeks until Ironman, and 16 weeks until we get married! eek!

1 comment:

  1. Wedding Tip for Suits wait for a moores 2 for 1 or buy one get one half price sale and have Bens wedding party all buy a suit. Who doesn't need a new suit anyways. For my party we all paid 200 and each got a matching new suit to keep instead of having to pay 150ish to rent a tux and return it after. We then just rented vests/ties for I believe 20 bucks per person

    ReplyDelete