Thursday, May 26, 2011

Revelstoke Review

Well, we are headed to Calgary this weekend to find a place to live! It is crazy that in 3 weeks we will be moving... again! I love that I have this blog, because I have been able to look back to some of our older posts before moving to Revelstoke last July, such as this one. It has made me realize how much Ben and I have grown. We have learned so much about ourselves and what is important in our life. So we will be ending the Revelstoke chapter, and moving on to something better. We have had a great year here and I think we will look back fondly on our time here.

The summer was amazing, filled with awesome weather and great times. One of my favorite things to do after work was to bike up past the revelstoke dam and jump into the lake. It's a steep hill, and the sun beats right on the road so you're really hot and sweaty by the time you get to the lake. But then jumping in the lake is just that much better.. and man it was awesome! Then after a quick dip I would hop on my bike and ride home. Followed by a nice BBQ, mmmm and some serious champ time. We even managed some awesome hikes this summer despite my broken foot, including the disasterous interesting trip up mount begbie.

Then there was this winter. Filled with amazing powder days, I think Ben got over 40 days in this year, including one day catskiing. We had people coming out to enjoy the awesome skiing nearly every weekend and we loved the company.

So after another great year together, this one in the mountains, we are excited about starting yet another chapter in our life, back in Calgary. I have learned that sometime dreams don't turn out exactly like you imagined, in which case you have to dream up new ones. So that is what we are going to do.

-Jen


ps. It is rainy and miserable here today, so guess what Ben did. He left work at his lunch and brought me a hot chocolate. It was such a treat seeing him in the middle of the day :). Should make the afternoon go that much faster! I have the best fiance ever.

pps.. 93 days until Ironman and 100 days until we get married!

1 comment:

  1. WOOOOT!!!! I know you both probably have mixed feelings about moving, but we will be thrilled to have you back!

    I lOVE reading the word "fiance"!

    And you two are both so awesome... I am so excited for your wedding AND the Iron Man!!!! Love you both...

    ReplyDelete